|Employer||Floating Island Pte Ltd, Island Real Estate Investment Trust|
There are multiple Fisherbots
Primary Writer: Acyl
Maintenance Droids, Errand Boys, Redshirts
- Workforce Solution: When the crew first started building what would become the Island, they could safely use local labour. Hiring construction workers to seal up the buildings, dig tunnels, and so on. After all, they chose to boost from Nigeria, due to cheaper real estate, cheaper labour, and looser laws. But there's a limit, really. When they got to the really sensitive and strange structural modifications, they had to do it themselves. Can't trust outsiders, even if you're paying them well. So...
- I Will Make You Fishers Of Men: ...Tom Zhu and Wen made the Fisherbots. Of course, these days it's the Fisherbots themselves who make other Fisherbots...
- Ages 5 and Up: The Fisherbots are brightly-colored mechanoids, of assorted configurations. No two are identical, since they're built from bits and pieces...although they tend to be mostly plastic. The average Fisherbot is four feet tall. Some have legs. Some have wheels. They look like children's toys. They don't talk. They chitter.
- Collect Them All: Individually, the Fisherbots are not sentient. But collectively, they have some kind of group consciousness. It's not a very smart collective, however. You need to give them very specific instructions, very precisely worded. That said, they keep the Island clean and in good repair. It's just...it ain't safe to let them work without supervision.
- For The Empire: And the Fisherbots need to be kept busy. If they've got too much free time, they get really strange. None of the behaviour is destructive, though. Broadly speaking, it's benign. But it's really annoying when little robots form a conga line through the main docking bay. Or insist on hugging every single person on the station.
- Happy Hour: Lest you think they're cute, though... If left unattended for too long, the Fisherbots will eventually invade the mall levels, steal all the beer... and get drunk. Nobody knows why, not even Simon-Peter. A drunk Fisherbot is a very scary thing.