|Employer||Hephaestus Mining and Metalworking, Unltd.|
Primary Writer: Wiregeek
Hephaestus' Majordomo AI
- Freedom: I Won't!: Is a manumitted AI, as are all sentient AI generated on or by Hephaestus. Hermes is actually in charge of the station, and fairly good at her job. On paper, she's a shareholder. In reality, WG is a paper captain - she's the woman who actually knows what's going on.
- Nowhere Plan: As the longest sole resident of Hephaestus, Hermes is linked into virtually everything, and even WG doesn't know where her 'core' is anymore.
- I'm Every Woman: Hermes was a 'raw' AI, created before the 'seeding' idea had really taken root in the 'fen collective subconsciousness. As such, she resembles no particular anime character, although a few people initially commented on her resemblance to Haruhi (Since then, her 'persona' has changed, and she now vaugely resembles Misato Katsuragi - as a blonde)
- Tough Love: Hermes is the 'boss AI' of Hephaestus, and among the multitude of tasks she carries out reliably and expertly are 'waking the captain', 'feeding the cat', 'insuring the main reactor doesn't explode', 'making sure we don't all die in our sleep', 'plotting economic domination of fenspace through moral means', 'watching for nargles', 'monitoring atmospheric composition', and 'making sure captain stupid puts his damn dirty clothes in the damn dirty clothes bin'. With such a varied job list, Hermes does not coddle or cater to her inhabitants. She IS Hephaestus, and if she tells you to do something, you'd best listen.
- Sweet Thing: Hermes is a good person, if a bit brusque with her inhabitants, and has the respect and devotion of all the sentient residents of the platform.