Culture of Fenspace
|“||The results of living inside a proscenium arch of satellites is that the young now accept the public spaces of the earth as role-playing areas. Sensing this, they adopt costumes and roles and are ready to "do their thing" everywhere.||”|
—Marshall McLuhan, From Cliché to Archetype
When people get together in groups larger than the family, they form a society (or a group of societies), and societies have their own habits, practices, and taboos - their culture. These articles describe aspects of Fen Culture.
The Fennish Atlas
What's where in Fenspace, and what to do when you get there.
- Places in Fenspace
- Tourism in Fenspace
- Fenspace Theme Parks
- Fenspace Travel Guide
- Gondoliers: Fenspace's tour guides
- Interplanetary Travel Times
- How long it takes to get anywhere from Earth
- Airport Codes
- Expanding on Earthside aviation's best-practices.
Main article: Government in Fenspace
How Fen get along with each other and with others.
- The Fenspace Convention
- The meta-government, from which all other Fennish government derives its authority
- The Fen Consulate to Canada - an example of Fennish Government in the 'Danelaw
- Law Enforcement in Fenspace
- The Space Patrol
- The AMP
- The Kandor City Police Department
- Courts in Fenspace
- Great Justice
- Fennish military
- Awards and Chivalrous Orders in Fenspace
- Nobility (or what passes for nobility) amongst Fen
- Politics in Fenspace
- A high-level description of political thought, not of actual political activity
- Mundane Government in Fenspace
- How the 'Danelaw comes Up
- Fen-Dane Relations
- How the new societies get along with their motherlands
What Fen do, why they do it, and when it's done.
- The Fen Calendar
- Festivals, birthdays of note, days of memorials, and other things that happen every year.
- Education in Fenspace
- Teaching the fenkinder how to survive, thrive, and fit in with their factions.
- Finance in Fenspace
- While there are a few communist utopias and barter-driven societies in Fenspace, most Fen like using money.
- Fen Corporations
- Even in Fenspace, people have to work for a living.
- Crime in Fenspace
- Unfortunately, some people work at the wrong sort of jobs.
Because most Fen don't work 24×7, and you can't just sit around playing Caverns and Catgirls all weekend...
- Fen Sports
- The thrill of victory, the agony of defeat... In Space!
- Musicians in Fenspace
- People who make music.
- Television in Fenspace
- Even the Fen watch TV sometimes.
- Things to Drink in Fenspace
- Because everyone has their favourite tipple.
Most Fen aren't materialists; they need something to believe in.
- Religion in Fenspace
- Organized belief in Fenspace.
- Myths of Fenspace
- Disorganized belief in Fenspace.
Even Fenspace has its easily-recognized minorities. Unlike in the 'Danelaw, these groups were created artificially.
- The largest visible minority group in Fenspace.
- Rabbit People
- Another minority group, less-obvious but still common.
- Artificial Intelligence
- Not as visible as the catgirls, but more numerous.
- The Space Age
- Fenspace's unofficial calendar.