|Residence||The Roadhouse, Deimos, Mars|
|Employer||Banzai Institute for Biomedical Research and Strategic Information|
|Title||Samurai Magician Deejay|
Blue Blazer Irregular #14
Primary writer: Ebony
Also known as “Ko-ryu-san” or “Brother Doubt”
Despite the 'Dane assumptions to the contrary, Blackstone doesn't consider himself leader of the Blue Blazers; he insists "I just do what I think should be done, and everyone goes along with it." (Blue Blazer groups are semi-autonomous, so each group works under its own leadership on many projects, and Buckaroo is the real coordinator of the various groups of Blazers.)
- Height: 6’1”
- Weight: 195lbs
- Build: Medium. Blackstone has the build of someone who has been sedentary for some time and is now engaged in regular exercise.
- Hair: Dark brown with graying temples
- Eyes: Brown. Blackstone wears round-lensed, wire-rimmed glasses that are tinted or clear as the situation requires.
Notable Mundane Attributes
- Blue Blazer Irregular #14 – Blackstone is a founding member of the Blue Blazer Irregulars and nominal captain of World Watch One. He adheres, to the best of his abilities, to the teachings of Buckaroo Banzai.
- “You … are my Number One … Guy” – Buckaroo seems to have chosen Blackstone as his regular representative. He speaks with some authority concerning the BBIs, the Banzai Institute, and World Watch One. Much to his chagrin, the others often listen to him.
- Samurai … - Blackstone is trained in kenjutsu, in a single-sword style. He has acquired a small collection of katanas, including his practice boken and a sword originally owned by a Japanese infantry officer during World War II.
- … Magician … - Following in his namesake’s footsteps, Blackstone is learning the skills of legerdemain and stage magic. The largest illusion he has performed to date has been a variation of the Disappearing Lady, using a set of o-yori samurai armor instead of a cabinet.
- … Deejay – Blackstone has an extensive music collection, partially because of Buckaroo’s desire for music and partly because of his own. He has a reputation as a deejay, and has begun mixing techno and dance music for social gatherings. He also plays keyboards.
- “No One Likes the Music I Like.” – Despite his extensive collection of music, Blackstone’s favorite songs are often from esoteric, little known artists. In addition, he often dislikes more popular music, at least while it is popular (this is directly related to I Will Not Be Pushed, Filed, Stamped, Indexed, Briefed, Debriefed, or Numbered).
- I Will not be Pushed, Filed, Stamped, Indexed, Briefed, Debriefed, or Numbered – Blackstone seems to subconsciously defy description. Very often, he will do things simply because someone believes that he wouldn’t, whether it is because he didn’t previously or because they believe it’s not in his nature. This has given him a reputation for being a bit fey, even for the Fen, and capable of quite unexpected behavior.
- If It Ain’t Broke… - Like most of the Blue Blazer Irregulars, Blackstone has a distinctive dislike for ‘waved weaponry. He sticks with ‘danetech or his own bare hands, should violence occur.
- Not as Bad as a Bat, but Still… - A generous family member paid for Blackstone’s LASIK once upon a time. It didn’t take. He’s not as nearsighted as he used to be, but he has problems with glare, darkness, and small print without his glasses. Psychologically, he feels vulnerable without them.